- This event has passed.
03-06-2019 Directors’ Webinar
March 6, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
1) State of the field; Professional Development
2) Iowa SPDG Spotlight
Date: Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Central / 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Mountain / 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Pacific
1) Wai-Ying Chow, Education Research Analyst
National Center for Education Research
Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education
2) Shelly Menendez, Senior Research Associate, Measurement Incorporated
1) State of the Field; Professional Development. We will discuss what the science says around teacher professional development (PD) and measurement of teaching and its outcomes. Based on the scientific literature and specifically research funded by the Institute of Education Sciences, Wai will share lessons learned thus far around the theory of change for teacher PD and considerations for evaluating the intended PD effects. Participants are welcome to send in questions ahead of time or during the meeting and join in the discussion.
2) Iowa SPDG Spotlight. Shelly will share findings on the impact of Iowa’s SPDG on teacher outcomes. The report documented teachers’ implementation of Specially Designed Instruction (SDI) over time and how coaching was related to implementation. Implications of the study will be discussed.
Presenter: Shelly Menendez, Senior Research Associate, Measurement Incorporated