Topic: Organizing RtI Personnel
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Central / 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Mountain / 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Pacific
Rebecca Zumeta, NCRTI
Rebecca Zumeta facilitated a discussion on how states are organizing their RtI personnel (e.g. in special education, school improvement?). The discussion was framed around these questions:
1. Where are RTI/PBIS efforts housed in your agency? In your experience, what are the advantages/disadvantages of this organizational location?
2. Has there been any discussion of changing this organizational structure? If so, in what way(s)?
3. How many (if any) staff in your agency have some or all of their FTE devoted to RTI?
4. To what degree is your state superintendent or secretary of education aware and supportive of RTI? Is RTI listed (either implicitly or explicitly) in his/her agency priorities?
5. Does your SEA provide direct support around RTI to schools and districts? If so, please describe.
6. In what ways has your SEA leveraged regional organizations to support training and implementation of RTI? What have been the strengths and challenges associate with this collaboration?
7. Are RTI and PBIS efforts integrated in your state agency?
8. In your opinion, what would be an ideal organizational staffing and support structure for RTI at your SEA? Are you aware of any states that are using such a model?