Topic: Stakeholder Engagement
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2015
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Central / 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Mountain / 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Pacific
Stephanie Moss(GA PTI)
Kim Hartsell (GA SPDG Evaluator)
Lisa Yencarelli (Arizona Department of Education)
Beth Moore (Florida Department of Education)
During this webinar we have five presenters sharing their work soliciting engagement of and partnering with various stakeholders.
1. Kim Hartsell (GA SPDG Evaluator) provides a national perspective on how states have successfully engaged stakeholders in activities such as the State Systemic Improvement Plans. Tools that support stakeholder engagement will be discussed and tips for selecting stakeholders are shared.
2. Stephanie Moss’ (GA PTI) presents the collaboration and data sharing between Georgia’s PTI and the Georgia Department of Education that has been critical to the success of joint initiatives.
3. Lisa Yencarelli (AZ DOE) presents an example of how Leading by Convening is successfully used in Arizona to authentically engage stakeholders and develop sustainable solutions.
4. Beth Moore (FL DOE) shares a brief overview of how Florida’s State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG) Successful Graduates project is an example of the collaborative efforts involved in improving students with disabilities’ graduation rates.
5. Debra Price-Ellingstad (FHI360 – TACC) presentation outlines the reasoning behind a national, multi-year effort to engage stakeholders in the implementation of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).