Topic: Discussion on Coaching and Training Drivers
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Central / 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Mountain / 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Pacific
Jennifer Coffey, OSEP Project Officer
Jennifer Coffey facilitated a discussion focused on the Coaching & Training Drivers framed around these guiding questions:
• When it comes to the training you provide, what does it look like, what are the components…
o are they skill-based?
o do you provide behavior rehearsals?
o do you have qualified rehearsal leaders who are content experts, who feel confident and competent in practicing with critical interaction skills?
• What are the challenges in carrying out these important components of training?
• How do you go about feeding forward data to coaches? What type of data collected to feed forward to coaches?
• What types of performance assessment measures collected and analyzed related to training (e.g. schedule, content, processes, qualification of trainers)?
• What kinds of data do you collect regarding how the training is done? Who looks at those data? What decisions are made?
• What data do you use to determine if coaching is working?
• How do you ensure administrators are reached?