Topic: Model Demonstration Projects (MDPs) focused on tertiary behavior interventions
Date: Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Central / 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Mountain / 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific
Jennifer Coffey, OSEP Project Officer
Audrey Desjarlais, SIGnetwork Coordinator
In January 2007, OSEP funded its second cohort of Model Demonstration Projects (MDPs), which consists of three projects that focus on tertiary behavior interventions within a school-wide model of Positive Behavior Supports for children who are not responsive to universal and secondary level interventions. Jennifer Coffey described the Model Demonstration Coordination Center’s work addressing questions related to the efficacy of grantee-developed research-to-practice models-how well they achieve specified outcomes, for whom, and in what contexts. Jennifer also provided an overview of the MDP’s in Cohort 2, introducing the series in which each of the MDPs will talk about lessons learned and provide tools PLC members can use.
Guiding Questions for the Discussion:
- How do you get your schools and districts to buy-in to using data for decision making?
- Do you use Check-in/Check-out or something similar?
- Are you able to help schools implement intensive levels of behavior support?
- How do you engage district administrators?
- How do you obtain feedback from the district level?
- What innovative partnerships have you helped districts/schools create?
- What agreements do you have in place before you begin working with a district/school?